Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Happy F**King Birthday From Blue Shield



My birthday's coming up towards the end o' the month. On April 30th my health insurance company sent me a lovely letter to let me know that to celebrate my big day they'd decided to up my premium by $35 from $191 to $226 starting July 1st.


Then, a month later, they sent me another letter explaining that they were raising my premium again, this time by a hefty $65, just because they can, you know, for the hell of it. What a gift!


That's a total premium increase of $100 effective July 1st.


Think about that. My premium was $191. It's going up to $291. That's an increase of over 50% in one year.


Can you think of any other product or service that's gone up by more than 50% this year? In this economy? Have health care costs increased by that much in the last twelve months? Really?


What do I want for my birthday? Universal health care please Mr. Obama.


Otherwise I can't afford to get any older.

No comments: